Buying a home with a pool or spa can be a great luxury, but it also carries many risks. If the pool or spa is in bad repair or is not functioning properly, it can be very expensive to get it in working order.
That’s why you should invest in a pool or spa inspection with Whitt Inspections with your home inspection, before you close on your home.
How Does Pool/Spa Inspection Work?
Simply walking around a pool or spa and performing an inspection yourself is not enough to verify its integrity and functionality.
We are professional pool and spa inspectors and have a deeper knowledge of their construction.
During a Pool/Spa Inspection, We Visually Check:
- Heat pumps
- Electrical and mechanical components
- Safety equipment (fencing, pool covers)
- Pressure checks (testing for leaks)
- Handrails and ladders
- Cracks in the pool surface or deck
- Condition of the finish/surface or liner
- Drains and drain covers
However, these tests typically do not include pool draining or evaluation of the support underneath the pool or spa, water chemistry testing, or evaluation of underground plumbing/electrical systems.
Why are Pool/Spa Inspections Important? Understanding The Benefits
Why bother with a pool or spa inspection? Here are a few of the best reasons.
- Save money & negotiate more effectively – If your inspector notices serious issues with the pool or spa, you may be able to negotiate a lower price for the home. This helps you save money, and ensures you can afford the necessary repairs.
- Get more information about the basics of pools/spas – If you’re a first-time pool or spa owner, your inspector can give you an overview of how your pool/spa works, and recommend further reading & resources so that you can learn more.
- Know what may need maintenance/replacement – Your inspector will let you know which key components (such as finishes, pumps and mechanical components) are nearing the end of their useful life, so that you can build a budget and know what may need to be replaced in the future.
Schedule A Pool/Spa Inspection For Your Property Today!
Buying a home with a pool or spa is a big investment. So make sure that you do your due diligence.
Contact Whitt Inspections for a pool or spa inspection, and make sure the property is in great shape.